Tuesday 15 March 2016

Ommmmmmmm.......

As the Seasons for SAISA Badminton finished in Mumbai in February, I decided to take up Yoga for the rest of the remaining time. My decision to take yoga was heavily influenced by my breathing problems with Asthma, as well as an activity to help relieve the tensions of exam stress. Through this activity I will also be learning and developing new skills. 

My first session for Yoga was more difficult than I thought. I realised that this was this was because my body had become stiff due to the gap between badminton and yoga, allowing me  to work on my areas of weaknesses and strengths.  We started with basic full body stretching exercises that started with the movement of heels to the head. This resulted in my bones cracking as the air began to release from within them. We then continued to the Surya Namaskar, which is a combination of 12 movements and postures. We repeated this exercise 4 times and moved on to leg lifts and warrior positions.


Along with weekly classes, my mother and I have also decided to continue Yoga at home on Saturdays. This will act as a positive improvement in learning the exercises as well as body toning, and act as a motivating factor for me to show dedication and perseverance. As my mother has been practicing Yoga for several years, she will also be helping me with Breathing exercises that will help control my breathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment