Thursday 3 December 2015

Why are badminton players so loud? Because they are always making a RACKET


In the past two sessions of Badminton, I have been able to play matches with Rishika (coach). As an experienced player she has been teaching me ways to score and how I can improve on my stamina. Her careful monitoring has helped me develop new skills  such as smashing and fore-hand shots and work on my weaknesses such as long shots and long serve. 
 As I am shorter than her and my long shots are weaker, I usually covered the front half of the court. This gave us both an advantage as her long hand shots are very strong, and gave me the opportunity to utilise my reflex skills. It was extremely important for us to efficiently communicate with each other and evaluate my mistakes after every 2-3 points.




Travelling across the court and jumping to take a shot.

In conversation with Rishika and ducking while she takes a shot.
By playing with a player who is advanced in the sport, I had to ensure that I was keeping up my level up gameplay as well. This competition pushed me to undertake new challenges.  I had to  travel from one side of the court to the other swiftly and carefully without tripping or hurting my partner with my racket. 

Overall, I believe that I am showing signs of improvement in my gameplay. I am more aware of scoring techniques and how moving around the court in certain ways can help me to develop and polish my skills.  Working collaboratively with a partner gives me the opportunity to compete and further push my limits and stamina. My improvement in the sport keeps me committed to the activity and allows me to show perseverance and dedication to do better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment