Friday 13 November 2015

The Course of Gameplay

The past couple of sessions of badminton have helped me to re-gain my stamina after the summer break. I was carefully coached by Rishika Narayanan (http://casrishikan16.wordpress.com/), as she is the captain of Girl's Badminton Team.

She has played both against me and as my partner in doubles, which has helped me to work collaboratively with others. I have been able to cover the front court properly without missing a large number of shots. However, as my back-court was weaker, I have decided to undertake new challenges, and learn and acquire new skills. 

As, improvement takes time and hard work, I am committed  to improve my gameplay and to become more acquainted with specific skills required to play matches. While, playing the terminology used for shots as well as the pattern of changing service was very confusing to me. This took me time to learn and become comfortable with. 

My semester started with learning new techniques of long serves and smashes, as these are my main weak points. Over the past 4 weeks,  I believe that I have improved on my smashes. Over the past few weeks, I have been successful in maintaining and hitting consecutive shots without feeling tired. 


I further hope to play single matches as it allows me to be independent and use more arm and leg strength. This will further develop my stamina. There are times when I feel extremely breathless and tired, but I still keep on playing. I am also slowly overcoming my asthmatic problems by doing this.  This is helping me to improve my overall game play along with my backhand and forehand shots. 




No comments:

Post a Comment